Tuesday 3 April 2012

Computer Moderated Gaming - ORBAT editor all done !

Computer Hacks of the Day


Wow - that was  quick !

 The whole project is coming along quite nicely, but I figured that I dont want to get too bogged down in the force-editor part of the project if I can easily use something off the shelf.

Turns out there is an excellent utility program available that does a perfect job of editting ORBATs as portable XML files, and its free, and it runs on Windows and Linux as well. That part of the project is all done then.

I am using TreeLine to create and edit ORBATs then. It works brilliantly ! Its free for download, and runs on anything (Windows / Linux / Mac).

I have published some small sample ORBATs for download then ... please feel free to download any, have a play, and get back to me if you think it needs any changes.

http://15mm-madness.com/empire/OOB/

Also, feel free to email me any Orbats you come up with for inclusion in the list !!

Here is roughly how they look in the editor :

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant stuff mate. I'll be following this project closely. So you know, I downloaded and tried TreeLine for a Shako II orbat and love it. I wrote a post over on my blog (http://canisterandgrape.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/treeline-great-free-army-construction.html) and linked here to give you credit for pointing me (unknowingly) in the right direction. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete